This course goes into detail about the specifics of cold smoking and in particular, cold smoking of fish. There is a maximum of 4 participants per course and while you will not leave with ready to eat smoked salmon, you will leave with your own hand filleted side of salmon, all the equipment and full instructions on what to do to complete your first fillet of home smoked salmon. You will also then be set up to carry on cold smoking to your hearts content! If all the instructions are followed, your salmon should be ready around 2 weeks after the course.
The course is half a day with a break for refreshments included, to give everyone the chance to ask questions galore.
We will go through:
– the basics of curing and brining
– filleting and pin boning a salmon
– the basics of cold smoking
– how to use the equipment included in the course
Included as part of the course:
– a side of salmon which you will fillet and pin bone from a whole salmon
– a cold smoking kit including a smoke box, smoke generator and wood dust
– full instructions and timings to ensure that you can complete your smoke successfully.
Courses are run on Wednesdays and Sundays and can be either run during the day from 10am to 2pm or in the evening from 6:30pm to 10:30pm. Only 4 spaces are available per date to ensure that everyone gets the attention they need.
Courses are run in Westerham, Kent, which is easily accessed by road and public transport links. Please get in contact if you need further help in getting to us.