The day long course begins at 9:30am and finishes around 2pm with a break for lunch which is included in the cost of the course.
The produce for the day comes from Chart Farm, a local farm shop who specialise in traditional farming and butchery methods and sourcing exceptional produce from those who share their values. We are thrilled to be working in conjunction with them and look forward to showcasing their superb meat.
We will go through;
- the basics of the different cures and just a little bit of the science behind curing
- the different cuts of meat and what they can be used for
- hot and cold smoking and what you need to do this cheaply and successfully at home
- air drying meat including tips for success
During the course you will make the following, all of which you take home with full instructions on how to continue the curing/drying process;
- various dry cures to take home with full instructions on how to use them
- Pancetta, using local pork belly
- Lomo, using local pork tenderloin
- various hot smoked items depending on the season
Items made during the course are subject to change dependent on the season and availability.
Courses are run on Wednesdays and Sundays. Only 4 spaces are available per date to ensure that everyone gets the attention they need.
Courses are run in the town of Westerham, Kent, which is easily accessed by road and has good public transport links. Please get in contact if you need further help in getting to us.